LOVE politics and current events BUT....

I am finding myself taking a more head-in-the-sand approach to things right now. I just can't yell at the TV anymore and seems like there is NEVER any good news. So where the channel on my TV used to be stuck on the news, now I am in search of mindless entertainment. Anyone else doing this lately?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• *nodnodnod*

I'm the one who watched MSNBC if there's nothing on anymore. My boyfriend had the friggin TV glued to the news channels during and right after the election, but now he's like "THERE'S NO GOOD NEWS ANYMORE!" So now to him, there's nothing on TV haha. I only watch MSNBC for short little bits at a time, and if I'm really bored I'l watch Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow at night. Now that the election's over there's really nothing interesting to talk about.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I know how you feel. I did this for years. If the news is really upsetting to you, try just reading the headlines and picking up or borrowing some books on current events from authors you trust and respect.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 11:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yes, I am so sick of the news, not just because there's never any good news but they are completely bias.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I like the food network. It makes me happy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't watch the news... it's all a bunch of fear mongers. You hardly ever hear about anything good... it's just shootings, bombings, 100's of people dying, someone hurting their kids...
    I like to watch House. He is so funny... and I love medical shows.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Honestly I have been trying to enjoy the little things more. And being ever so thankful for my family has helped. I'm not putting my head in the sand if anything I am on a mission to understand everyone's points of views.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My actual belief is that it isn't really productive to dwell on things that are outside of my control.....so I don't spend a lot of time watching the news. I probably shouldn't even be posting here!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008