When did you fall?

When was the moment you realized you were in love with your DH/SO?

Me and Rich had been dating for about 2 weeks (although we had been talking on the phone for a couple of months) when my birthday rolled around...I didnt make a big deal out of it because...hey...we had only been dating 2 weeks

So on my birthday he showed up at my mom's house unexpected with a single red rose (he called it the only survivor) and told me he had a surprise for me....he took me to a hotel room lol....I was like "Hold on homie! lol what do you think is going to happen here!" he told me to just calm down and he gave me the key to the room and asked me to open the door because he forgot something in the car.....When I opened the door there was rose petals EVERYWHERE...I mean there wasnt a surface that didnt have rose petals covering it, there were balloons and candles and little paper butterflies EVERYWHERE. It was literally the sweetest thing in the world! He told me later that night that he had to "sacrafice" 3 dozen roses and it took him an hour to blow up all the balloons!!!

I knew then he was a keeper!!!!

Now your turn...tell me when you knew he was "the one"

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Aw your story is so cute, and it reminds me of mine! Lol my SO took me to a hotel as a surprise for Mother's Day, set up babysitting and everything. LONG story short, my dd is his- but we didn't find that out until she was almost two, and instantly my one and only one night stand led to us as a family, so it was our first mother's day together- only a couple months after deciding to be together. I walk in the room and above the bed was a huge picture frame- with pix of us 3 bordering the frame and a drawing in the middle my dd and him did- of us 3, a house, and her hand prints..that made me cry, not to mention the dozen flowers (stargazers, my favorite) and bottle of champagne set up in the suite, overlooking san francisco. When he went back to the car I called my sister and said "I'm going to fall for him"..and I did :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• That is SO sweet!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We had been seeing each other for a couple months, at the time I was a single Mom to 3 boys. When we decided for him to meet them I had a talk with our boys, told them all about him, and told them if they didn't want to it was fine. I told them they didn't have to like him, but had to be respectful. Well when they met him we were on our turf, I made a big dinner, and we all sat together and ate, they were all laughing, and talking like he'd been in their lives forever... I knew right then that everything was going to be okay, that he was the one... (I had a feeling he was a couple weeks after we met, but our boys were the true test) If they hadn't liked him, no matter how I felt, I would have told him we couldn't continue the relationship.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thats so amazing! Well I'd been seeing dh for a few weeks, but I didn't officially brand him as my Boy Friend becuase I'd only just got out of a bad & violent relationship, but bless him he hung on in there! He paid for loads of weekends away in very posh appartments & paid for me to go and see an Ice Skating show (because he knew I love Ice Skating)! And then he surprised me by asking if I wanted to go to Thailand with him for my upcoming birthday! Unbelievable! I always knew he was the one, but I was too scared to admit it :) almost 3 years on, we've our own home, and have a lil gorgeous baby :) life couldn't be sweeter :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Awww! Too sweet! I fell for my DH right after we started dating. I had known him for about 4 years before we started dating, then he asked me out on a date. I seriously thought he was just messing with me because he was my cousin's friend, and my cousin is a douche like that sometimes(lol). So I was like, "Uhhhh....sure. Whatever." and he looked heartbroken, like I had run over his puppy! Once I realized he was serious, I was all apologizing and telling him I wanted to go out with him and that I thought he was kidding because that's how Nathan is- he gets his friends to do dumb stuff like that all the time. Later that night, my car just QUIT in a horrible part of town, and the first person I thought to call was my now-DH! He came and rescued me, thank God, because my psycho ex decided to stop and try to 'help' too. I think that's when I fell- when I learned he would defend me even though we had only been dating for 3 hours!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• He told me that out of the blue one day he wondered what I was doing and that never happend to him with a girl before. I've known him for 15 years and we'd been talking (relationship wise, cause we'd never been more than friends) for a few weeks and he said when he couldn't stop thinking about me he knew I was "the one"... I fell for him after our first kiss.. it was so passionate and connected, like he was what I'd been missing my whole life and it was only a gentle kiss on the lips... when they touched I just knew it in my heart. I felt like I was home.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well i loved DH before i even knew it. I had never been in love before because I had never allowed it. All thru dateing i could never give my heart away to even infatuation. I grew up in a tough home and did see any examples of a happy home. I had been dateing DH for 2 months when I tried to exsplain that I didn't think I was capapble oof falling in love because for me it never happened. We had a conversation that sounded like we were going to break up. When we got off the phone I started to cry and ran to get my room mate. She had never seen me cry before and since all I could gt out of my mouth was DH's name she thought he had died. It was then I knew I loved him and had for a while but hadn't realized it. I waited a few weeks before it just finally slipped out. Turns out he had loved me for a while too. He had wanted to tell me and that's why the converstaion we had hurt him so much.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• About 5 weeks in, I knew I felt it but was afraid with just going through the divorce and didn't want to make any mistakes. But the day he drove all the way up to Maine just so we could take a walk on my favorite beach, I knew he loved me too. And it made me realize how great a guy he really is and I loved him. We didn't exactly say I love you until 2 months though.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• first time I layed eyes on him
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The first night we went out, when he kissed me as he got out of the car to go into the liquor store lol. But then I ignored that for quite a few months. But here we are almost 22 years later, married nearly 20 of those
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011