Does anyone elses baby

Cry in their sleep? He proper sobbs and when I go to feed him he's out cold! I don't know if he's havin g nightmares or something? But it's horrible to watch :( He seems sooo sad sometimes and it breaks my heart :( he's only 11 weeks.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 12:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont' know what it is either. I cant imagine what an 11 week old would have nightmares about lol. Ah new Momma, this all to shall pass. It seems like yesterday that my baby boy was still in a crib, that same baby boy is going to be 18 in sept :(
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Baby's do that sometimes. Dont worry though. The baby will NOT remember it. Its hard as a Mom to see that, but it's perfectly normal and a good sign their brain and subconscious is working properly.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My son did that every time he slept until he was 4 months old. He still does it once in awhile and he will be 6 months Thursday. It is heart wrenching to watch just hang in there mama!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 4:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Does anyone in your family talk in their sleep? I think it's genetic. My husband has conversations with me while he's sleeping and it's complete gibberish, and I'm pretty sure he passed it to our daughter. She cries loudly in her sleep, babbles, and even makes raspberries.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My son did that, and I would wake the poor child up every time lol. Finally I just learned to leave him alone and he slept right though it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yeah he seems to sleep through it, but it's just sooo horrible to watch! Horrible to think he's having a bad dream or something :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• sometimes he does, we just wait and see if he wakes up or if he stays asleep.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My 8 month old daughter just started doin that. She just crys for a second then is back to sleep her day care says she does it during her nap too. I don't know why. Its weird
    lwalter87

Answer by lwalter87 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No Kitkat61277, I'm not aware of anyone talking in their sleep, but thanks for the advice! Will just have to grin and bare it :)
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 4:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011