Help me with my communication skills

I find it very hard to have a nice convo with others... whats one thing you do that isnt annoying...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Listen to the other person and PAY attention to the details. Look them in the eyes when listening or speaking to them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Try to say their name at least once during the conversation to validate them and bring a personal touch. People love that to happen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i agree with them try and reply to their convo and let them know that you are generally interested in what they have to say a kind ear goes a long way and will be given in return
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I always found it helped to ask questions. It showed I was interested in what they were saying and put me at ease. I used to talk out loud to myself also so I could put myself at ease before going out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ask questions and follow-up questions to keep the conversation going. Look the speaker in the eyes when either of you is speaking. Uncross your arms/legs and loosen up physically. Smile more. Pay attention to details and ask about them. Practice diplomacy when talking with people who have opinions vastly different from your own. Show genuine interest.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011