Anyone ever faint in early pregnancy

Last week when I got up to get ready for work, I felt nauseous and went to go throw up. I couldn't, so I stood up and walked over to my closet and fainted! I hit my head and had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance (DH was not home). They did every test imaginable and couldn't find anything wrong (no anemia). They did a pregnancy test that was negative. I told my Mom and she said 'I bet you're pregnant.' It happened to her and she got a negative test but a few weeks later was pregnant.

Has this happened to anyone in early pregnancy? If i were pregnant I'd only be a couple weeks. Just curious.

danielp

Asked by danielp at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did inmy first because I suffered a panic attack and hyperventilated and in my second because I had low blood pressure issues
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i almost fainted w/ this pregnancy before i knew i was pregnant, but luckily DH was home and made me lay down when i started teetering.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It'd be very unlikely that your body is reacting so much to you being pregnant when your levels aren't high enough to be detected on a test... You might have just stood up too fast, I get lightheaded very easily in the mornings now, and if I stand up to fast I get dizzy. But, if you really feel you might be, take another test in about a week, first pee of the morning....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I felt very lightheaded in my first trimester. I found out I was having twins so I took it easy from then on out.
    LuckyStarr28

Answer by LuckyStarr28 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes! and it's no fun.... I would consider myself(any other time) VeRy active and SuPeR 'outdoorsy' but i get so lightheaded lately, that outside is not so fun... but then i was simply cleaning the floors a few days ago and actually HaD to lay down on the couch, quickly.. I have found that if i 'need' to do something of these sorts, to take little breaks and drinking juice mixed with water and ice helps alittle, i even got down to my undies and put a cool towel on the back of my neck .. Be Safe and NEVER over do anything!! i got scared that day and was glad i didnt actually fall over...
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes at the very beginning before i knew i was pregnant i would get really dizzy when i would stand up or move too quickly and sometimes i felt like i was going to pass out
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011