How many anniversaries do you celebrate.

My husband and I celebrate the first day we started dating and our wedding anniversary. My mom said nobody celebrates two anniversaries and the only anniversary that counts is the wedding anniversary. Do you think she is right about this?

Asked by drs1206 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• no, i think its sweet that you celebrate both.

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree with your Mom.

Answer by vbruno at 1:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We only celebrate our wedding.

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We do celebrate our first date, by watching gothica ( that's the movie we saw on our first date) and order pizza. ( we went to pizza hut for dinner) it was a group date, but we do this every year or December 12th! We also do something nicer on our wedding anniversary. Normally a nice dinner, walk the river walk.... I like the fact that we take an extra day out to do something just for us.

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We just celebrate 1. but thats easier for us!

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Your relationship, celebrate what is important to you both. I'm divorced but my SO now and I celebrate our monthly 'anniversaries' because our 1 year is in June. I'm sure we'll celebrate both when we're married.

Answer by rio_burb at 1:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We celebrate two. October 28th is when we officially starting dating, we were dating before that we just didn't admit it. On that day now that we have kids, we do a fun family activity. It is the day this whole thing of "us" got started. Of course we also celebrate our wedding anniversary, but we don't include the kids in that. We try to go away or at least get an evening to ourselves.

Answer by JamieLK at 1:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We only celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We say Happy Anniversary for everything, we celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Actually "celebrate"...just wedding anniversary. However, we do acknowledge the anniversary of when we first started dating.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011