Should I give in and let my dh redo my teenagers bathroom?

Long story short. I have an older home that we have redone slowly over the past few years. We only have one room left to redo which is my teenagers bathroom. They refuse to keep it clean and I constantly have to yell at them to clean it. My dh wants to redo it this coming summer but I say wait until they leave for college which would be within the next 18 months. I can't justify spending our hard earned money on a room and just to let them ruin it! I have done everything under the sun to get them to keep it clean. I am so frustrated I told them that they are NOT allowed in my bathroom at all and they are not allowed to use my bathroom either! The stupid thing is they keep their rooms clean but can't clean their bathroom. I would love some suggestions also if you ladies have any...I forgot to add that my 18 yo graduates this year and is going to college and my 16 yo graduates next year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Redo it - but have them help. By making them a part of the process it will encourage them to have pride in that room.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 10:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well, if you don't want him to do theirs, let him come and do my kids bathroom!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Id let him do it. How badly can they ruin a bathroom in less then two years?

Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008