Doctors might know whats wrong with my 5yr old. just wondering if anyone of you moms have had this proublm..

my son has been constipated for almost 3 yrs now. we have been to the doctors a zillion times and they were no help. now i changed his doc and there really wanting to help me and him. he hasent had a big poo in yrs.. every once in a while he gets out a golfball size. i have brought him to hospital for a clean out, i have done enamas u name it..anyways the new doc said theres a chance he might have hersbugrs diease (sp) and i was wondering if any moms out there who have had this with there child can tell me anything other then what i have read about it. like what did they tell u to do, how did u have it fixed and so forth. all i know right now is surgery is the only thing due to the nerves in the intestins. he has another app today at 430pm. and hopefuly they will be able to tell me yes he has this...just wondering if anyone can coach me threw it if u have delt with this..sigh..my poor lil guy. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• My daughter has been constipated for about a year now. I have been taking her to doctors one after another and they say nothing was wrong with her. It might be a change in the move we had and so on. I went home for a vacation and we got back here and after that she stopped being constipated. I also changed her diet around. I really hope you find out whats wrong with your son.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I went through this with my DD for several years. Her doc only ever recommended she drink more water, eat more fruits/veggies/fiber, etc., you know, all the common sense stuff. We had already been doing that with absolutely no results. I finally took her to my son's DAN doctor, had her tested there, and it became evident that she was deficient in magnesium. We started supplementing with magnesium and it has never been a problem since. The poor thing was so plugged up. It also alleviated the abdominal migraines she used to get in conjunction with the constipation. If you're hesitant to supplement, and I'm sure you doctor will probably have heartburn with it, you can try giving a tsp. or 2 of organic, unsulphured black strap molasses to your little guy (it's naturally high in magnesium). NOTE: it has to be unsulphured; you can find it at Whole Foods. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Humm I am sorry to hear your going through this. I have a 6 year old girl who has been constipated since birth just about and has never had a big Pooh all of hers are bigger than golf balls all I ever got from her Dr's was Medicine. She doesn't complain about any abdominal pain and she has a bowl daily it's just the shape and size that scar me
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• see i have done everything docs said..from merilax, fruits, diet, water,juice, sapositories,magnisme citrtae, enamas. the newest was 2 docolax and 10 oz of magnism citrate the stuff that adults do before a colonosoipie and an enama and have gotton nothing.. he had an xray done on fri and hes packed full. the docs think its something to do with neves in his anus that dont tell his body u have to poop so lets go do that. he dosent feel it. and all he has is leakage which they said is just some juice or water coming out mixed with some poop thats why the leakage is brown. and no poop. his belly is hard and his belly hurts at times. i have gone to the hospital in the middle of the night crying cause hes in pain all they say is merilax which dosent work..i am happy the new doc is trying to help us unlike his old doc.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• take your child to a chiropractor...especially if you think it may be a nerve issue!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have not, a friend of mines daughter wouldnt go either and had to be on miralax for a while. I will give you a bump, hope you get some good feedback momma.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Theres definitely something going on there... have you been to a specialist?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have not heard of it, but good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011