Government waste?????

The Federal Government pays a person $115,000 a year to operate a Facebook page. Would you consider this necessary or waste?

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummmmmmm don't know but I want a job
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Definitely, but as an aside how can someone get in on that action? If they want to waste they can waste it on me lol.

Answer by gemgem at 1:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• a HUGE waste!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Huge waste. If they need to pay someone to run a page, why not pay them minumum wage? It's not like it's rocket science!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• What are you talking about?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Definitely waste.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Wow..for sure..that's all one has to do to earn that wage? Where do I sign up?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• There is a lot of waste. My sil has an 85k job working for the Administration just surfing websites like Cafemom. She is supposed to "set the record straight" when it comes to our current President. She used to work for Walmart doing the same job but the Gov pays better. I think her and the 100s of others like her should be cut. Our President and our Congress are irresponsible if I ran my finances like they run the Gov I would be in the poor house.
    Anonymous

• Soooooo....WHO is this person who gets paid an outrageous amount to run a Facebok page??? Give us a hint or something? Your question sounds like a riddle....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• adnilm~~~~On the news today was a piece on the government cutting spending but they hired 1 person at $115,000 a year to run a Facebook page.

minnesotanice~~~~no its not a riddle.........Just a piece that I found to be a little bit confusing since we are suppose to be slashing the budget yet hire someone at that EXTREME amount to surf Facebook all day.
    foreverb3

Comment by foreverb3 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011