If you smoked through out your pregnancy how did you newborn come out?

I am just wondering =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I smoked and my kids came out healthy and fine. Another friend of mine smoked and her baby came out 10 lbs and fine. Mine were all 8 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I smoked with 1 and she was 6.6
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am ashamed to admit it but I did smoke with my first , I was in an extremely stressful period of my life and even though I cut down to 2-3 a day, the guilt is still with me. My boy was 7lbs 11 oz when he was born, but he had too many ear infections and colds. I hope that if you are smoking and pregnant, you'll stop. Don't listen to people who tell you that it's not going to hurt your baby, it does. In some cases in very subtle ways, but no matter because you will hate yourself for being so selfish you wouldn't give the crap up for a few months for you own child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I cut down with my kids and they were all perfectly healthy. They havent had any issues whatsoever with their health the way I was told they would. In fact my dd is now an adult and pregnant herself and has had no health issues at all through her life. She was 8lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long when I had her. And Im sorry I dont consider myself selfish I had a hard time quitting which is normal. Another friend of mine had a hard time and was going through alot of stress and her doctor told her to cut back and she did. She just had her baby last Aug and she was over 8 lbs and hasnt had any health issues, not even a cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I smoked with my second child and he was 10pds, healthy, no allergies, no asthma, no health problems. He is 16yrs old now.

Although, I did not have problems through my pregnany and my child is very healthy there is always an increased risk of fetal issues and childhood issues.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I smoked with my first and he was born at 34 wks because my water broke and weighed 6.5 and was in the NICU for 2wks because he couldnt breath on his own. I dont know if smoking had anything to do with it. With my second I smoked but very little like 2-3 a week and she was born at 38 wks weighed 8.3 no problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No idea. I'd never do something so irresponsible to my child. It's proven to cause problems, seems like a really stupid risk to take.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2008