Can being dehydrated make you vomit?

Ok, I know the first initial thought when a woman mentions barfing is that she's pregnant... BUUUT... does being dehydrated make you nauseous and vomit? I'm not sick, just normal seasonal allergies, no new medication, I don't have diarrhea, but I am dehydrated... could that PLEASE be the reason I've been kinda sick lately?

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• Nope. Being dehydrated does NOT make you vomit. Post nasal drip can make you feel like your going to vomit though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• What are the signs and symptoms of dehydration?

The body's initial responses to dehydration are thirst to increase water intake along with decreased urine output to try to conserve water. The urine will become concentrated and more yellow in color.

As the level of water loss increases, more symptoms can become apparent. The following are further signs and symptoms of dehydration:

dry mouth,

the eyes stop making tears,

sweating may stop,

muscle cramps,

nausea and vomiting,

heart palpitations, and

lightheadedness (especially when standing).

http://www.medicinenet.com/dehydration/page2.htm
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes it can
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes and its not pleasant.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, when i am sick/dehydrated and my stomach is empty I get terribly nauseous and will throw up bile or jsut have the dry heaves. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011