Gas :/

So today I put $50 in gas in my car. That got me a little over half a tank. My car is old and a beast- so that will only get me a week to and from work (not going anywhere else).

Way to go, Chicago, in having gas prices of $4.29 on the North side.

How bad is it where you are?

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 2:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• OMG- Glad I'm not in Chicago- but thje fact that gas prices are $1.00/gal higher than they were a year ago is still insane to me! They can use whatever excuses they want to raise them- and I'll bet the oil companies are still raking in their obscene amounts of profits. It's $3.79/gal here! It just cost me $33.00 to fill up from 1/2 tank!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• $3.73 for regular, about 80 miles NW of Chicago (past Rockford)
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm not too far from Chicago...I'm in Rockford, and it's ridiculous here as well.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• $3.58-$3.62 here in SC
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It was hovering around $3.80 yesterday in the eastern Ohio area
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My Hubby and I own his Semi truck and the fuel prices are astronomical! He has two 150 gallon tanks on his truck and we cringe when he has to fuel up... I'm thankful I'm a SAHM and can choose to stay home and not drive anywhere 4-5 days a week... We have 2 SUV's, and I'm glad they're paid for, or I wouldn't be going anywhere these days if I had to make a payment and pay for gas in them!
    Right now he's in Washington State and it's 4.41/gallon.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• $4.09 in Alaska
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 2:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• anywhere betweeen 3.56 and 3.67 here in Alabama
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 2:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I live in northern Indiana by Notre Dame, and it's about 3.85. it takes 69.00 to fill my tank, and if I'm driving my car, it will last about 10-12 days... With hubby's car down it lasts 2-3 days!! Hopefully his rims will be in tomorrow and I will have my jeep back, and he can drive his car that has double mpgs mine has.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This is just so stupid! They are hiking up prices for potential "risk" and just keeping the profits. I'd buy an electric, but I live in an apartment with street parking= no way to charge it.

Just so sick of this crap. I'd take the bus but fares are going up too. Pretty soon no one is going to be able to afford to drive to work and we are all going to have to telecommute!
    meandrphoto

Comment by meandrphoto (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011