We are going on vacation in 3 days....

Our plane leaves at 7am so we have to be there at 530am and that means we have to get up and ready and then wake our son up at 4am...EEEEKKK... he does not wake up "chipper" -lol!~ I am thinking candy to lighten the mood - anyone else have ideas to help a "not so happy morning person " (3 year old) wake up happier??
we will have his favorite movie for the plane, his favorite toys so I am less worried about the first plane ride but just the mood from having to wake him so early.. and trying to get him to bed any earlier than normal would be great, but he's never going to actually do it lol!~

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would get him up at the very last minute, have him go to the bathroom, and get directly in the car. You might bring a small snack and drink for in the car if it's a long ride. If he's very awake start talking about the airplane. He'll likely be excited when you are actually at the airport, but there will be time to kill before you actually get to board the plane. You'll have plenty of extra time at the airprt to attend to any grooming issues, plus doing it then could help the wait in the airport go a little faster. GL and have fun!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We always woke our kids at the very last minute. Seriously, no changing, no talking, just got the kids up and put them in the car seat and left. They were often drowsy enough that they really didn't react until they began to see airplanes. Then they got excited. Once we got into line and checking in I would begin to change them, potty/diaper, while DH stood in line.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• perhaps you could try not to wake him up. just carry him to the car and let him wake up on his own.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Don't wake him. Let him sleep in his clothes. Put him on the potty in the morning and put him in the car asleep. He'll wake up when you get to the airport. I do that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• VERY good idea -apparently the obvious escapes me sometimes, I really never thought of doing that .~~ lol!~ thank you! I am going to do that!
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011