NOW he is going to put out a (another)budget?

We all know the President is prone to changing his mind so it's no surprise that he will "revise" his budget. What does he hope to gain from this new budget? Is he looking to please his detractors? There is no way his budget could rival that of Paul Ryan. I don't think he will ask for MORE spending fully knowing that is the opposite of what most Americans want. Is he just trying to give Democrats something to work with since they can't seem to figure out how to make a budget?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Id be MORE worried about the speaker saying he WILL NOT BUDGE ON ANY OF HIS ISSUES. The speaker IS GOING to be the reason the Govt has a shut down in another month. NOT Obama.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think all of you who come on CM and bash the president every day need to FIND YOURSELVES A HOBBY!! Seriously, do you have nothing better to do than trash talk him?
    The amount of hatred you all have for him is frightening.
    Anonymous

• ..what was that, anon? all i read was 'blahblahblahblah...'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well duh, of course he can't rival the mess that Ryan put out and called a budget.
    Unfortunately, Obama doesn't own the political or moral courage to be the leader that he needs to be right now. He needs to read a Johnson or FDR biography and then come back an do the right thing. I'm not holding my breath
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hey Anon?? I really like Obama and the haters? They are just ignorant AND VERY misinformed to the actual facts. Thats how I take their hatred of him. Obama is STILL WAY BETTER than Bush!!! WAY better than the NUT BAG Palin would have been or ANY other candidate that ran against Obama.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I didn't realize disagreeing with our President meant we hated him. I am a rational person so my dislike of the mans policies are simply that. I don't know Obama personally so I can't say whether I would dislike or hate him. I don't think Obama is capable of writing a budget that will actually help the country. I don't say that because I hate him I simply don't believe he has the skill sets to do that. He has shown over and over he is incompetent at his job. I do think McCain would have done a better job unlike a previous poster I know it was him who ran against Obama and Palin was his VP. Many seem to forget that. Bush wasn't a great President but we are not discussing him now are we? Who is the actual hater? HMMMMMMM

Anonymous

True dat!  Thumbs up anon.  Not sure why you went undercover with an answer like that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• In his first budget proposal the president's goal was to add about $7.2 trillion to the debt over the next 10 years. No changes to Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security, and the lowest deficit for any year in the next decade would still be over $600 billion.

I can't wait to see what his next budget will be.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Paul Ryan's so-called budget is a no brainer with no legs either , so nothing proposed by the President could be worse . It will take time to reduce the deficit and it cannot be done easily without rescinding the massive tax cuts for the rich and corporate from the GWB era . Deficit reduction will be easier if a good growth rate can be achieved and this cannot be done by massacring programs while reducing taxes in the present economic climate .

I am not knowlegeable about the tax code, but from what people have said from all sides of the political spectrum, it is overdue for a complete revision and much needed simplification .

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• He needs to read a Johnson or FDR biography and then come back an do the right thing.

That would be exactly opposite of what either of them did. Well, unless Obama is going to say "When I appoint a nigger to the Supreme Court, I want everyone to know, I appointed a nigger to the Supreme Court".
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011