Would this bother you??

My husband has pictures of my children on his Facebook account. I normally never pay attention to his FB unless I post something on his wall that he needs to pick up after work or something. Well, last night I was replying to a picture on his wall and noticed his amount of friends went up drastically since I last paid attention. I was looking through them and half of them aren't even friends/family/co-workers, just random adds of people he does not know in real life. Now, I don't want some random Joe looking at pictures or having access to pictures of my children. I told him he either needs to remove my children's photos, or clean up his friend list so it's only real life friends. Am I being a bitch or do you think I have a right to tell him what I did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would do the same. My husband gets ridiculous requests from people who can't possibly be real...claiming they went to the same school or what not. Most of the time they're half dressed, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• no way not with all the crazy pedifiles that are out there you are being very smart about this!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can understand where you're coming from. It would probably be easier to take the pictures off yourself if you have his account info. Or you could tell him to set the pictures so only certain people can see them.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ummmmm...I don't think your being a bitch by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think I would mind about the whole FB thing....well let me take that back...I think maybe it would depend on how old the kiddies are...you didnt say
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You have a right to feel that way. Me and my hubby dont accept friends request from people we do not know. Thats the start of how you get your account hacked or tons of spam posted on your wall.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• He can go under the acct and make a list (example farmville friends) and add each of those to that list. then block that group from looking at pics ( set to private so only friends and family can view the pics.

and find out WHY he added these people he doesnt know
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My children are young, 5 and under. I'm just freaked out, you read about so many creepers on these social networking sites and you don't know who is who. Plus he has a picture of our toddler daughter as his profile picture and who knows, there might be sick f***s adding him because of that. I mean.....I'm not like some bossy nasty wife who tries to control my husbands internet whereabouts, but when it comes to my children I take no chances.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You are absolutley right! You never know who random people are . .,. they may even be fake profiles.

Recently, my husband and I shut down our accounts. About 15 yrs ago, I was kidnapped and raped by a stranger, who is in prison now. He has an internet access phone (as they all do) in prison and has a Myspace account and a facebook account that is under a fake name. This fake account was able to see my posts through "friends of friends". AND, facebook published our pictures on google, which were accessible under my maiden name.

It is a good idea for everyone on facebook to clean out ALL people they don't know well, change privacy settings to friends only, and keep pictures of kids and identifying info off the net.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think this answer given above is the best ------> (probably gamer friends?)

He can go under the acct and make a list (example farmville friends) and add each of those to that list. then block that group from looking at pics ( set to private so only friends and family can view the pics.

DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You are right to ask him to do that, there are way too many weirdos out there. I would do the same thing.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011