Are your family meals balanced?

Do you always included a protein, grain, fruit, and vegetable in your family meals? I must admit that we have been known to have french fries with cheese around here for dinner once in awhile..... not exactly balanced :( Trying to get better at it!!

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I focus more on balancing our daily diet than having every element in every meal.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do for the most part. My son is a pretty picky eater, so for him it's more difficult, but I make sure to serve him the few healthy things he does like.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Nope, I suck at it, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Me and the hubby only eat dinner together and that meal is balanced. I dont eat breakfast and lunch is usually some fruit or granola for me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We do the main dish and two sides.. the main dish always has meat and the sides can be anything from veggies, mac n cheese, or tater tots. =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't get that specific with my meal planning. I usually do meat (chicken, pork, beef) or fish (shrimp, sometimes fish sticks lol) with rice or potato or pasta (depending on the meal) and some type of veggie. My daughter doesn't get to drink soda unless we're eating out (which isn't that often) so she has juice, milk or water. I admidt sometimes its just a hot dog and french fry kinda night! Luckily my family isn't that picky.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I try, but sometimes we have fun food like cheeseburgers, etc.. I think if overall you're making healthy meals at home, that it will balance out. I usually make one night a week, usually Friday's, where we have something fun, and not exactly healthy..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• more so when my husband is around then I go all out and make a square meal otherwise we just go to Subway
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• For the most part. I keep loads of frozen veggies in the freezer and when a meal doesn't have veggies in it already, just make some. Even if they're having mac & cheese (which isn't always the healthiest but sometimes the quickest), I just add a side of veggies. sometimes though we will have breakfast for dinner and they get pancakes and eggs, or even cereal but I say 80% of the time we're mostly balanced
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Usually, but some days not so much
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011