OH MY GOSH!

I don't know what to do anymore. My husband is soooo not involved in raising our kids other than financially. Never goes to games, never came to a parent teacher conference, and now our 16 year old suffers from slight depression. Today is the first time I thought I would let her feel independent so I let her take the bus and train to school. She goes to a private high school 25 min. drive each way. My husband before when I would ask him something regarding our kids he would say "Your're their mother you decide". So when he woke up this morning and I told him that she took the bus he went CRAZY on me calling me every name in the book blaming ME for her depression and calling me a weak good for nothing mother. I am crying as I am writing this. He said that its too late for me to try and fix anything and he left the house with me just standing there. Please give me some bible versus for strenghth and hope and encouragement. When I go to pick her up today I will have to tell her that I will need to cpntinue to drive her and that will make her mad because she will know that she is not trusted. Help me I can't stand my life!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't have any bible verses for you, but I will say this, he had NO RIGHT to say that to you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Please also I ask to pray for me and my daughter.Thank You.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm not really sure what to say.. I would just pick up your bible and pick something random and start reading.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I dont have a bible verse for you. 16 is Plenty old enough to go to school on her own. DONT tell your asshole hubby she goes by herself. Ill bet her depression is due to your hubby's lack of involvement and both of your coddling her and not letting her grow and be independent. Im sure MOST of the kid's she goes to school with have allot of independence to go to school and lots of other things.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Weeping will endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning....

This too will pass mama....I am SO sorry that he acted like this towards you, he had NO RIGHT! I will definatly pray for you.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You need to talk to your pastor about counseling for you, your daughter and your husband. To have not been involved and then to freak out like that sounds like there is much more to this than just this one incident. I do pray for you and your family.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I really feel for you, I know exactly how you feel I am there now. How is your perosal relationship with him besides the children?
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• At 16, she is old enough to drive there by herself, much less take a bus. He had no right. Let her continue to ride the bus. Take you husband for counseling.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can't think of a verse right now but I don't think a verse is going to solve this problem. Befor eyou talk to your daughter I htink you and your husband need to have a heart to heart. You can write down what you are feeling and whre you are needing support from him. Ask him how he is feeling about your relationship and what you can do to improve it. You need to address what his concerns are with her taking the bus. You may tell your daughter that she did great going back and forth to school today but before you make it a habit that you and your husband need to discss it further and you will get back with her about doing it again. See if you and your husband can work on being a team with the kids. Maybe you need counceling?

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Im sorry but what a jackass I'm not religious but if I were you and the bible was signifacantly importnant id find a verse on telling him to go to hell
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011