Ever encounter an obnoxious tween without parental supervision?

Yesterday I had to go over and do some brush cleaning on our land - so I'm dressed in jeans, t-shirt, baseball hat and had my snake boots on. Started about 6Am -- so by 1 I was starved to death.... I ran into town to the McDonalds. Went in, placed my order and got my cup.

I walk over to the fountain machine and there's this little girl there --- she tiny in size HUGE in attitude. Her physical size is really small, and she's with 3 other girls who all seemed to be around 11/12 years old. This little brat literally looks me up and down and SNARLS at me. --- ew

I get my drink and food and have a seat. The place is packed with travelers and families with kids (lots of little kids - like under 7). This little brat and her friends take a corner booth -- within minutes it's obvious they have no parental supervision. (where their parents were I couldn't guess). Well they are getting louder and louder and her mouth in particular is getting more and more vulgar.

I'm seeing all the other adults all looking around at each other - some moms are covering their kids ears with their hands.Then this tiny little brat rat girl says in her loudest voice yet -- "You better fucking stop or I'm about to whop your ass right her in the McDonalds, BITCH" (she's talking to one of the girls that she's sitting with)

At this point I HAVE. HAD. ENOUGH. --- I stood up, looked that little girl in her eye and told her (IN A VERY STERN VOICE) to either shut her disrespectful mouth or take her trash talk to the curb outside. --- She was STUNNED - little brat grabbed her big ole purple purse, flung it over her shoulder and took off out the McDonalds. Almost a dozen or more parents thanked me. The other 3 girls started in saying "we're sorry, we wasn't cussing".

(I waited to see if Momma Brat or the cops were gonna show up to deal with me - no one came)......

Momma's I know we can't control what they do when we aren't with them... but I gotta know....

How would you react if you found out that your (otherwise perfectly polite child) had had to be called down by an adult in a public for acting that way?? (I know I would have yanked a new knot in my sons' butts )

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• hard to imagine that happening with my kid because he is only 5 and knows what is Expected...
    i am a teacher so i will also correct other people's kids or teens. i really cannot help it. good for you - someone has to speak up - too bad the manager didnt do her/his job so that you wouldnt have to but oh well...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Id have done the same thing and when she looked me up and down and said EWW, Id have laughed and said funny some people thing the way YOU dress is EWWWW. I Work for a living. Good for you for standing up to a brat like that!! BRAVO!!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I second that. Seems kids are so much more obnoxious than when I was growing up..but then again maybe we were that annoying too lol But if i ever heard my daughter talk that way I'd wash her mouth out with soap!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Bravo! If any of my kids were guilty of doing something like that and I knew about it, they wouldn't be leaving the house again for a VERY long time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I hate that, I see it more and more now. Even here in Mexico where that is not usual lol.....it's very common and it makes me sick to see them in their catholic school uniforms and just have a sailors mouth on them or worse, they talk like it's natural or even a good thing. Ewwwww No!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• LOL sorry Vbruno... she didn't say "ew' --- that was just my reaction in my own head at her snarling at me. ( sort of like "Ew. No you didn't you little turd") LOL
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes. And the end result is a 24yr old kid who doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself. With a kid of her own.

ann666

Answer by ann666 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If my children did those things, I would want to hear about it so that I could express to them how unhappy I was about that unacceptable behaviour.

I am not foolish enough to think my kids will never misbehave when I'm not around. And I'd be thrilled if someone corrected them.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have encountered plenty of obnoxious tweens ant teens . Not in McDonalds - I never go there - but as was pointed out , the Manager was not doing his/her job and should have told the girls to leave .

Some parents just do not care what their kids do and how they behave - out of sight , out of mind . And bad behaviour and language is used in the home anyway so the kids just pick it up and just use the 'F' word all the time , just another habit .

If either of my daughters behaved like that and I found out about , they would get a thrashing they would not forget in a hurry .. Zero tolerance for that kind of behaviour in our home

You did the right thing in McDoalds . Wish there were more moms around like you.

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yeah Shelby!!!

If I ever heard that my son was acting like that, he wouldn't be going anywhere alone until college!!

I'm going to bet if you met her mom, you'd find out exactly where she gets her attitude. That's almost always the way.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011