Worst goverment..

office visit experience. Doesn't matter local, county, federal level. Who did you complain to about it?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The SSI office in the Winter Springs/Altamont Florida area. They were all mentally challenged and didnt speak English. I complained to the state level office about them. I also insulted several of them in their own language. Cause Im a bitch like that! LOLOL This is AMERICA and English is the Official language spoken in America. It's inexcusable that a social security office would have non English speaking employees running the counter.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• DMV in Oregon. I went in 3 times and picked a #...after more than 3 hours of waiting each time I had to leave...finally got to talk to a lady on the 4th try and found out a new law had just taken effect..I couldn't get my OR DL without my actual birth certificate..even though I had a SD DL & an Active Duty Military ID. She tried to keep my valid SD DL and I pitched a fit...the idiot in charge saw it my way when I told him I had Wyden's aid on speed dial.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Probably Social Security office after getting married and wanting to change my name. It wasn't horrible, but it took forever because when I went in I didn't notice that they had a 'take a number' thing and there were no signs saying which number they were helping so I didn't realize until I started to look around and saw everyone holding their little 'lottery ticket'. They weren't rude, but it was a lengthy wait. I wouldn't bother complaining since everyone else had to wait just as long and add that to the fact that many public sector departments aren't all that effective and it would make me more mad if I weren't able to get an answer.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I've never had a memorable moment of bad service in a government office. I get much worse service at retail stores.

While I feel that everyone in this country should learn to communicate with everyone...there is no official language in the US. And if there was, it wouldn't be English. It would be "American". Even "English speakers" in US don't speak proper English.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011