What are your everyday chores at home ( stay at home moms)

I work so I don't know, I am just wondering what a normal house wife's schedule is

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Straighten up the house. Pick up hubby's socks he never seems to get INTO the laundry basket, take something out for dinner. Those are the everyday things. Laundry on Monday's, everything else gets cleaned as needed.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hmmm lets see....First I wake up DD and feed her breakfast, then it's bath or shower time for her...I usually let her choose which one she wants to take, I jump on CM for a couple of hours while helping DD (4) write her name and the alphabet over and over (I can't afford to send her to preschool) then I start on the house.....

Pick up all of DH's clothes from the floor in the bedroom cause he just takes stuff off and leaves it wherever it drops lol, vacuum, clean our bathroom, then I go into HIS bathroom (we have seperate bathrooms cause he's a slob and I was tired of him messing up MY bathroom lol) and sweep up all the hair from him shaving, clean the hair out of the sink...yadda, yadda, yadda, then into the living room to clean up the toys and vacuum, and last is the kitchen where I rinse the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher, wipe cabinets and counters and sweep and vacuum, then dinner lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I ran out of space lol...so I'll take the hint and shut up....but there is actually more lol
    Lucky209

• Dishes, bottles, laundry, taking out and picking up trash, dirty clothes, making dinner, and straightening up house, ie pickign up what I or the kids mess during the day
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• vacuum and steam mop the floors, make the beds and straighten the bed roooms daily, clean bathrooms, laundry, make dinner and DS1 lunch! thats just stuff that I do every day
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• get kids up and off to school, take care of baby, wash bottles, change diapers, make formula, feed baby, cook dinner, clean up, wash clothes, grocery shop, get kids off bus, get their homework done, get them ready for baseball games/practices, clean up kids, get them to bed. wake up do all over again. there are other tasks that i dont have to do all the time, but next week i have to switch out seasons pull out spring/summer put away fall/winter
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Monday-Friday up at 5:50, get the kids ready for school. Cook breakfast (yes, I actually do this 7 days a week), run laundry, vacuum, make beds, straighten the house (simple tidying which must be done constantly- if you see it out of place, you put it back), sweeping floors (done more times than I can count to prevent the necessity of vacuuming more than 2x a day), tend to the garden, walk the dog, clean the ratitat (we have 4 rats, area is cleaned 3x weekly), clean the bathroom (daily, since I have boys that *still* can't aim worth a shit), spot clean floors if things are spilled. Make lunch, cook supper (no pre packaged/prepared foods in the house), run laundry, clean surfaces (light switches, door knobs, windows, doorways, horizontal surfaces like counters, tables, etc.), did I mention run the laundry?

All while taking care of my littlest man :) Afternoons are our play time.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Wake up early with kids. Get daughter changed and ready for school. Get son changed, up and ready for car ride. Drop off at preschool. Feed breakfast, empty dishwasher, change diaper, do dishes, make lunch, pay bills, scrub bathroom or whatever is left on the list, pick up daughter, feed her lunch, clean from lunch, vaccuum, take out trash, grocery shop, make dinner, break up toddler fight, clean again before husband gets home. feed kids and husband dinner. Bedtime routine, Put kids to sleep. Finish dishes. FINALLY, my shower, load of laundry, prepare for next day. It is 11:30 PM, and I lay down and hope that my insomnia won't keep me up too long. Same thing, everyday.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Clean DDs room, clean our room,clean kitchen, vacuum all rooms, dishes, laundry, tidy up play area, clean her toys, sweep the front porch, sweep the back porch, more laundry, cook all the meals...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I tried typing it all. Took me 3 tries. So I deleted it all to simply say SAHM do a bottomless pit of work. For every load of laundry, every toy solider and every load of dishes we do....There is ALWAYS more LoL!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011