Bedroom theam for my 6 year old any Ideas?

I wan tto surprise her by re-doing her room, but nothing cheesy that may go out of style soon like a Disney charactor NO DISNEY PRINCESSES.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i like brown and pink polka dots, u could do alice in wonderland, my girls roomn now is a forest owl theme, they have peachy walls and blankets with trees birds etc on it from target
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I love the shabby chic look. You could just do a pale pink or purple or yellow, and then do cream for the accent. You can get her a nice chandler, get a nice old frame and paint it cream, and make it into a mirror. Hang the letters of her name by strips of floral fabric.... It will be able to grow with her. My dds room is done in this theme, and is pink, green, brown, and cream. It has Waynescoting in the cream on the bottom half...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I like butterflys but for my little one. Bigger girls kinda like purple or pink walls, I would go with a flat color and maybe get a cute different colored bed set and some accent pieces (ie lamps,wall hangings, bed set) to go with. target has really cute stuff so does walmart of kmart.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• @ BABYBUGSMAMA do you have apuicture of the room I can look at. That sounds enchanting
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ok Ladies as much as I would love to hop in my jeep and race over to Target, bed bath and beyond and/or linin and things..I can't I love in Guadalajara Mexico so it's not that easy or that darn affordable. I could go to Home depot and spena fortune that I owe and don't have but you get my point : (

MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I did my dd's in polka dot comforter from Kohls. It is really cute and lots of stuff goes with it so you can paint the room any of the colors out o it and you arent stuck with a set theme.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Target has some adorable bedding...so does jcp. I want to do a black/white and pink theme room for dd, but being only 3, it's a little old for her..and she doesnt sleep in her room. Look online in teens and kids bedding at jcp they have some of the cutesy stuff right now. Pottery barn does too, but they're a little pricey. If shes a girly girl, you can never go wrong with pinks..pink and green, pink and browns..purple is also a popular color now..you can always get creative and do the name thing, hobby lobby has the wooden or cardboard letters, and just get some scrapbooking paper in different designs to add some pop. We did an icarly theme with dds room..I got her this blue/green/purple bedding by your zone at walmart, with purple sheets, did her name in the main colors, accented with green pic frames. Rather than doing a bedroom set, we just did the storage solution pieces in white wood from target for her bedroom with green
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• And purple bins..so it looks like she has a set, and it sounds cheap, but it look adorable. I'm still wanting to do a few things like get some actual icarly posters, and a purple fuzzy chair, and maybe a green rug. Get creative with it. Lol I know that's why you came here, to get ideas. What is she into right now? You could always get plain bedding or designed bedding and create the theme around it..I didn't want to get actual icarly bedding bc it would be something dd would grow out of, so I just found similar designed bedding and worked around that for an icarly theme. Good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• What is her favorite color?
    My DDs room is really simple. All of her furniture is a natural pale wood. And the walls of her room are hot pink with big white polka dots. I know it sounds really bright, but it works for my DD. And everyone says its perfect for her. We used some thin foam, we bought in a 10 ft roll, cut out the dots, and glued them on. Ill try to get a picture up..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• it wasnt that expensive, we bought the paint at home depot, and did it ourselves. Maybe her favorite color and some contrasting polka dots, hearts, stars..? it doesnt need to be expensive for you and your DD to love it.

Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011