Whats the best way to chart ovulation how does it all work?

jessNkai

Asked by jessNkai at 2:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• There are a lot of online sites that can provide you with free ovulation calculators. Babycenter.com is a great one. It all works on figuring out your average period length and cycle (i.e. is it an average of 28 days or not). I think you usually ovulate 12-14 days after the first day or your last period - absolutely not positive on that! lol, check it out on babcenter :o) I love that site! Had my babies now and I still love love love it! Good luck!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thank you :D ill go check it out
    jessNkai

Comment by jessNkai (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, and check out FertilityFriend.com.

Basic concept: You ovulate 11-16 days before the start of your period. You're most fertile in the 2-3 days before that. Charting cervical mucus will tell you when you're most fertile; CM goes through phases in your cycle, from dry/sticky/creamy (not fertile) to watery/egg white-like (fertile). Charting basal body temp will tell you for sure when you ovulate; take your temp first thing when you wake up every morning, before you even get out of bed, and write it down. Starting the day after you ovulate, your temp shifts up by about 0.5ยบ and stays up until your next period. Great way to pinpoint your body's fertile times and see any problems you might have (not ovulating regularly, luteal phase (between ovulation and next period) not long enough, etc.).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• thank you that really helped i just got off my period so ill start tomoorow morning with my basal temps... whats the best way to check cervical mucus
    jessNkai

Comment by jessNkai (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 2:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2011