• In the Spotlight:

ectopic pregnancy

what are the signs for it and do you have to bleed?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had one and the signs are pregnancy tests that come up negative (blood tests usually show a positive), you will have bleeding but it isnt like a period or miscarriage, its deep purple blood if you bleed at all, because its internal bleeding not uterine blood. With me I just knew something was wrong and called the dr all the time and they said I was just being paranoid. I was in alot of pain and leaking blood when I walked and I knew it wasnt normal blood because like I said it was a deep color/purple, no clots. Finally I got up one night and I had some pain on my side but it wasnt as bad as I was told an ectopic was and I went to the er. They did an u/s and saw it was ectopic and I had to have a tube removed or I would have died.

Answer by gemgem at 10:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh also you will have low hormone levels thats what causes the negative tests on urine tests. Your hormone levels will go up but wont double the way they are supposed to.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You can bleed but it's not a definant sign. You may have sharp pain on either of your sides, you may have UTI symptoms (back hurting, aching), you may or may not have your period, if it hemorrhages then of course your going to have symptoms of shock (fainting, probably bleeding in this case, nausea, vomiting, trouble breathing). If you have any suspicions you might have an ectopic pregnancy you need to go see you OB ASAP.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Side pain and dizziness are also common signs.... and I dont think you have to bleed right away, it could continue to grow and get out of control. I went to the ER for a suspected ectopic but it wasn't
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You would have pain on the right or left side. the pain would intensify as the baby grows.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008