Is it a good idea to post naked kid pic on Facebook

I am surprised at the amount of young moms who post their naked kids on their Facebook and think it is sooo cuute!! I want to slap these girls and tell them what they are doing is wrong and is not cute to display these pics for all 500 plus of your friends to see.
I'm not a prude I have naked pics in the tub of all of my kids but they are in a box not on the internet

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I first seen this question I said to myself "This person can't possibly be asking this as a serious question" then I actually read your post lol.....I think it is one of the dumbest, most irresponsible things on the planet to post naked pictures of your children ANYWHERE! Why don't these moms know that some pedo somewhere is getting his rocks off to your kids pics? Even if it is a private pic that only friends and family should be allowed to see doesnt mean that it always works out that way....hackers are able to get into damn near everything these days....i just would not do this at all
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree! There are WAY too many sick-os out there who don't see our naked children!
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree 100 percent
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 3:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't post naked photos of my kids. My kids are fully dressed unless they're in bathing suits (and my daughter doesn't wear a bikini, lol).
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have sweet pics of my little one in his first bath and I would love to share them with my family and friends but not on the internet, they could end up in the wrong hands. Its not safe for the child even if they never know some pervert is "using" them
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Nothing like that should ever be on the internet - pedophiles, perverts, abductors, deviants, sexual predators they are real and they could be a 'friend'.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Usually facebook sends a warning to take it down, no way would I put naked pics of my son up!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No . My husband does not allow family pics online . We had a brush with a possible pedophile in a parenting group once so we are now security conscious.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• hmmm, a new born, yesI will place them in my profile, and I only ave 22 friends ( mostare family ) and My profile is set to 100% private! Also it is not risky if you are smart and arnt friends with everyone you have ever met once!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well, I am very selective as to who I am friends with. I only have about 60 friends total. My profile is friends only for all of it's settings. I am comfortable posting pictures of my kids 'naked' when they were under 2 and absolutely nothing was showing. (ie: strategically placed bubbles or wash cloth)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011