Give me easy plants

I went both ways buying seeds to grow and putting out starter plants. The seeds never come up and the starter plants die on me. I try to take every bit of care they need in order to stay alive. It is starting to cost too much money. Besides cactus. can you give me never failing plants for hanging outside as well as for my pots and a large garden. In my garden I do have a huge rose bush in the middle that made it to adulthood and elephaunt ears came up last year. And it goes along my walkway against the house with full sun in the afternoon only. I am also able to have morning glories grow up a trellis so I am not fully incapable of taking care of plants they just like to die on me. I live in Western Oklahoma. I am looking for both anuals and perenials and I get sun half the day on both sides of my house where the garden and plants are.

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 3:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• When you use the start kits. Do you water them good before you put the lid on. Don't put in direct sun light. loosen lid when you seeds start to to grow. take lid off when first leaves show. I hope this helped. Any kind of bulb plants are easy, but you do have to thin them out every couple of yrs.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Spider plants! All you need is one and then it grows.. and grows.. and grows.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Where are you? Do you want annuals or perennials? How much sun does the area get? Kind of hard to suggest without more information.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I used to grow an ivy plant right from an old glass tea bottle...it used to go crazy :) there's another type of cactus family member; a jade plant.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Verbena is a perennial that is extremely easy to grow and one of my favorites. Petunias are also very easy and add bright vibrant color.

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ferns!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sorry, only silk lives in my house.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sorry IDK I am pretty good with plants and DH can usually bring anything back from the brink.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• get bamboo, you can't kill it. You may want to after a few years, though.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Try geraniums.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011