Bikini's on your daughters...yes or no?

Personally, I prefer to keep mine in a one piece. I think it looks ridiculous on little girls and feel like it's giving the pedofiles something to look at.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 3:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• We have a lot of tankinis. It covers more than a bikini, but still gives them something easy to pull down for when they have to pee really bad in the pool or lake!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• On a little girl, as long as its not padded, its fine. On a teenaged girl, as long as it has good coverage, (the entire ass, higher than the hedge and wider than the nipples) I am also ok with it. The previous poster has it right, pervs are going to look regardless of whether or not you can see a belly button.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• As long as it completely hides everything and doesn't sag where it shouldn't I think it's okay. A perv is going to stare at a young girl in ANY swimsuit.
    Anonymous

• hell no! there's way too many sick people in this world. i'd hate to have to kill someone lol.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my daughter wore one when she was about 3 months old in our backyard. I loved it b/c she was so fat. I have gotten her one peices from now on, mainly b/c it's easier to swim in. She's 2 1/2.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I plan on having my daughter covered from head-to-toe until she is 24 and graduated from college!! LOL! I was joking, but part of me wishes that I could keep her safe from the world.

But, in reality, bikini's will not be allowed in this house until my daughter is old enough to have a job and buy one for herself . . . by that tiome, she will be about 16, and I am okay with it then.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My daughter wears a tankini and she is 6. She is tall and lean like me and its hard to find a one piece that fits her torso comfortably.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't have any daughters yet, but I say no.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 3:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am more ok with my 2 yr old wearing one than with my 9 or 14 yr old wearing a 2 piece. And my 24 yr old is old enough to make her own choices, but has clear direction to present herself with modesty around our younger children - so she has to wear a shirt over hers around the kids. LOL
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't think a bare midriff on a little girl at the beach is a big deal. There are some that are just too skimpy for little girls, but there are others that are cute.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011