Ectopic Pregnancy Question! Please Answer.

How long usualy can an ectopic pregnancy last? What other area can it be besides the fallopian tube? And can you test negative and still be pregnant? Also, if you've had one what was your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one and was late and no urine tests showed my pregnancy. I went to the doctor they did a blood test and thats how I found out. My doctor didnt think anything was wrong, but I knew there was. I had pains on my side, felt dizzy, and then started bleeding, but it was a dark purple, not regular blood you might get when you spot or menstruate. I ended up going to the ER and they did an ultrasound and saw it was ectopic. If I hadnt gone in that night I could possibly have ruptured and died.
    If you suspect an ectopic go to the ER. Worst case scenerio you get an ultrasound and everything is fine.

Answer by gemgem at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• An ectopic pregnancy will happen in the Fallopian tube....if it's a true ectopic, people are usually in so much pain they can't handle it, have to go to the ER and have the tube removed...if it ruptures, you can bleed to death.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was about 8 weeks when mine ruptured so I am not sure how far along you can get before this, You can test negative, I tested pos but it appeared at first I was having a natural miscarriage because my levels dropped and I was having spotting it wasnt until I had intense pain did they do an ultrasound and see it had ruptured my tube and you can have one in any part of the tube and have heard of ppl actually getting a fetus implanted on the outside of their uterus but I am sure thats very very rare.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011