Legal advice... miscarriage... neglect from hospital

Hey ladies. Its me agian. I have posted about my horrid bleeding.. then my miscarriage... the hospital treating me like crap and all... well I was suppose to go to the doc today to get the dnc done well they didnt want to see me.. i had to argue with the lady at the counter who didnt want to see me. they didnt want me there for not having insurance but i cant get medicade till the docs state i was pregnant and that i did lose it. i had to bitch with them. this is the doc office the hospital set up my apt with and they wont do anything for me.

the story of the miscarriage. late on 4-5-11 i started passing giant clots. i thought i finally got my period so i was alright until the blood didnt pick up and it was all clots.on the 6th i woke up screaming in horrible pain. my husband thought it was a period also and helped me into the tub. later that day i lost a giant clot that was in a sack.. i had to push to get it out.... i went to the er than... i took the sick with me.. the doc was a complete bitch to me.. she touched the clot and through it back into the bags and said it was nothing she told me i was over thinking things and through it in the garbage.. she ran a blood test which is mandatory when u go into the er... while the results were being done she did and pap and was in there less than 30 seconds... she told me ur not pregnant ill get the paperwork started for you to go home.. then the results came in... she turned as white as me when she walked in there and told me i was pregnant.. she sent me to get an ultrasound done.. the baby was gone. b4 i got back to the room when she heard i lost the baby she removed the trashbag from my room... with my baby in it... she put me on 2 days of bedrest and told me the baby was still there. i went back the next day with pain. and the doc on staff told me i had lost the baby the day b4...

idk what to do. the hospital and the docs office wont help me out.. im so fed up.. and to top it off more... neither the hospital or the docs office will fill out the paperwork for my job so not only can i not get help but also im loosing my job. how exciting. im so done.

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh wow, I have no idea hun, but I'm so sorry! How horrible! I hope things work out for you and you get the compensation you deserve.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Not sure that there's much you can do about it now. But in the future, you should make an appt right away once you find out you're pregnant to get the ball on the insurance rolling.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You could become very sick if do not remove it completely. A doctor must do a D&C right away.
    Anonymous

• You need an attourney they will no longer speak to you, you have a case for mal practice call your local courthouse ask for the probono attourneys and move from there. I am sorry for your loss ((((HUGS))) do this quickly before you lose your job. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You might try the bar association in your state and search their website for pro bono (free) legal advice. Google your state and the words "bar association". You could also call a few lawyers and ask if they give a first time complimentary consultation. Many do. Just ideas..............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If they told you that you need a D&C, try calling planned parenthood, does your job know you suffered a miscarriage. I am not sure that being a jerk qualifies as malpractice, but I do know neglect does.. I am sorry for your loss, and please call the health department or another doctor, perhaps they will refer you where to go,, so sorry,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ^^i didnt know i was pregnant yet.. id be 3 weeks today... there is no way i could have set up an apt for another week or 2.

i have a HORRID smell.. its horrible my husband can smell me in the living room when im going to the restroom and its not real close to eachother. the smell is just so strong. the blood isnt coming too much right now but this smell is unbarable. sorry for the tmi
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Did the hospital say you needed a d&c? Normally this is done in a hospital. Have you spoke with the hospital that set up the appt.? I would start there. I am sorry you are going thru this but getting pissy with the Dr office is not going to help things. You need to document all of this in case you do end needing legal help.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i went to the health dept first and they told me they cant help me. there was nothing they can do.. my job doesnt care like i stated b4 im working to pay off college and im working at walmart.. i was out 4 days in a row and they told me get this signed by ur doc.. who wont do it.. im so confussed
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• the hospital set up the apt with the docs office.. its the one for their hospital... they told them what needed to be done.. or atleast they told me they did... when i called the docs office to make sure they had my apt ready they told me yes they talked to the doctor and everything would be fine. i thought this nightmare was done. i went today and they tried their best to send me away.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011