TMI question.. adult content

i'll be 36 weeks pregnant on wedsneday and i've been having a lot of discharge like to the point i'll wipe and it will be a long string on the toilet paper
i've also been having period cramps the past few days.
is this normal?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 3:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I agree that it sounds like the mucus plug...that ickiness happened with me too, towards the end. Ask your doc to make sure!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sounds like the mucous plug. That happened to me but I was a couple of weeks farther than you when it happened to me. I had the awful cramping and that discharge too. I thought I was going into labor but I wasn't and ended up being induced later on. If you're concerned maybe a call to your doctor would be in order.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm about 30 weeks and I've never experienced that with this pregnancy or with my daughter...I think I would probably talk to the Dr about it or at the very least call the advice nurse. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My ob said the discharge was normal (I had it) but I didn't have cramping. Wound up being induced at 39 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. That sucked.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011