Bad to have sex during pregnancy in the first trimester?

okay some girl told me today that its bad to have sex while your pregnant in the first trimestser bc it causes a miscarriage????!
or when your tring to conceive

is this true or not.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• NOT TRUE =D
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Only if you encounter bleeding or cramping or have a history of miscarriages or an incompetent cervix is sex dangerous to a pregnancy, Sex actually is a good source of exercise and can help relieve stress.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i knew it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Unless told otherwise by your doctor is it is safe to have sex during your entire pregnancy. If you are ever in doubt with stupid advice that morons will give you while pregnant (especially the wivestales which ARE NOT TRUE!) then ask your doctor.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Unless you are high risk, it's perfectly safe.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Not true at all! Unless your doc says something ^.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• not true
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well first off how can you conceive if it is bad to ha sex? No it isn't true only if the doctor tells you not to have sex in the first trimester. And that is after you concieve. I had sex with my first pregnancy the whole time of my pregnancy from the time I got pregnant. With my second I did for the first couple times, but then I started spotting so the dr said to wait until after the first trimester to have sex so after the first trimester it was fine. This time around I am 23 weeks tomorrow and I have been having sex through this whole pregnancy as well
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It will not cause a miscarriage. The baby is like the size of a pea and VERY well protected!
    mimi497

Answer by mimi497 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ummmm It CAN cause a miscarriage. But that's only if you have had one already or are considered high risk. Anyone who wants to disagree can call my high risk OB/Gyn I will give you his number. :) MOST women can have sex throughout the pregnancy with no problems. I am not one of them. I was told to avoid sex or lose my baby. Not a hard choice.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011