2 DUE DATES???

On all my ultrasounds i have a due date for May 9,2009, but if we go by my LMP my due date would be May 14, 2009. I dont understand we they are 5 days apart. ANY IDEAS LADIES

my1stchild2009

Asked by my1stchild2009 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• all it means is you didnt ovulate when you think you did. most doctors wil go by u/s date cuz that shows size and growth of baby. My due date by u/s is april 25th but if they would have gone by my lmp it would be march 20th. wayyyy off lol i just ovualted late for whatever reason.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Its actually normal. The week you are due is usually that whole week. You can also be off on your LMS and alot of women are. I remember with my last child I said my LMS was June 8th and it was wrong it was like June 16th but I had forgotten and the u/s determined the right due date. She was born according to the date on the u/s.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• All due dates are just ESTIMATES. Only 4% of babies are born on their due dates. If I went by my LMP I would have a due date of Mar 18, but I got pregnant in July not June so my due date is early April. I don't put a lot of stock in the specific date, since babies will be born when they are ready to enter the world.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Don't worry, by my LMP I was told my due date was March 27th then they did an US and my Due date is Apr 22nd..... I'm thinking it's really somewhere in the first week of April. 5 days isn't that big a difference. I think they changed my due day by 3 days or so a couple times with my DD. I wouldn' worry too much. :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• That hapened to my SIL they said her baby was due June 20th , 08 and July 10th and the baby came on July 1st! I would say if it is only a five day differance the baby will come when it is good and ready so enjoy the pregnancy and not knowing! GL
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I was told two things to. I was told JAN. 9 & JAN. 14. They went by my ovulation. Then by the ultrasound.
    beautifulkirei

Answer by beautifulkirei at 12:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i was told at my last ultrasoind im due jan 12 even though ive been measuring right on with the 18-20, which is what my ultrasound said at first(i measured that way for 27 weeks).. i still think it was gonna be later than that, because i know EXACTLY when i had my period which was april 1 and ended april 5.. soo you never know! im being induced a week early(jan 12) soo she doesnt have a choice to stay in longer.. lol
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i had 3 different due dates with my first. it kept getting changed and then going by my lmp and ultrasound it gave me 2. with my second i had 1 due date from the wheel, and 1 due date from the electronic calculator. if the ultrasound date is close to ur lmp they usually go by ultrasound
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 2:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008