Have you ever had to visit someone in jail?

Me, no....

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• WM it must be hard to get around with that heavy chip on your shoulder. I can't help but wonder why feel the need to instigate. I visit someone for the best of my family and you are no better then me because you are lucky enough to not know anyone in jail. I hope it says that way for you.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• worriedmommy600...I am not going to stay anon. My son was an honor student, involved in many mentoring programs, a member of the National Honors Society, played sports, etc.. . He was a great kid, easy teen, etc.. When he was around 18-18 1/2 he got in with the wrong crowd, starting doing drugs and when he was 20 he committed a crime while high. He was on probation, he got back on drugs, he broke probation and he ended up in prison, in a special program for drug addicts. He's not trash, if you would have known him before he used drugs you would have thought he was a stand up guy. His brothers have never used drugs, 1 is an Army Veteran & is now in college to become a teacher, 1 is an active duty soldier and 1 is in college to become a nurse & none of them have ever used drugs or been in trouble. Sometimes...people make mistakes. That's it. Don't be so quick to judge....karma has a way of coming back to us.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have in juvenile hall. I actually was teaching a pottery class to the kids there for a while. But not in an actual jail.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No but I would have. My 23yo son was in prison in another state for 6 mos. and if I had lived closer I would have visited him. My son isn't trash...he's a person who got involved in drugs and made some mistakes. He's now sober and has a good job and is getting his life together.
    Anonymous

• you never know when that perfect family member or perfect friend is going to end up in jail and then what? just turn your back?
    We can only control our kids to a certain point and kids or other family members meet the wrong people and become brainwashed/influenced and make a wrong choice.
    Never judge anybody because one day it will come to bite you in the rear
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No. I've never known anyone who went to jail.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yup
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I didn't have to exactly. I did it to tell him once and for all it was over between us because he harassed me by mail and phone and there was plexiglass several inches thick between me and him. The place made my skin crawl.
    Anonymous

• When I was 16 my "boyfriend" went to jail but I was too young to visit him without parental consent and since that was never going to happen I never went. Other than that, no. Thank godness I got over that one!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011