What is the best age to start Potty Training?

deevega

Asked by deevega at 3:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when they are ready. My daughter wasnt ready till she was 3
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The youngest, if showing interest, is 18mos. They are able to have control of the sphinkter around that age, so it is ideal if the child is really showing interest. Before that cound have adverse effects.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I waited until my kids turned 3. I think that is the ideal age.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• there really isn't a best age it is more when the child is ready. My oldest started showing interest at 18 months and we started then. He was potty trained by the time he was 20 months and fully trained by 2. My middle one started just after his 2nd birthday and was trained by 28 months. my youngest started at 20 months and was trained by 26 months. So every child really is different. The key is if they start showing interest to start and don't stop. If you start and are not consistent then you may to try a couple of time.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• When they are ready all kids are different I had my 4yr old potty trained at 16mnths, and my 2 1/2yr didn't want to try till 2. It took my first less then a month to get it down, and it to my youngest a month to get it, but my SIL has 5 kids and 9,7,6,3, and then a 8month old all wear diapers still at night and the 3yr, and of course baby wear them all the time...like I said it just depends on the kid
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 4:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see usefull info
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011