SHOWER

Ok mom's when its shower time and your home alone what do you do you do with the kids? What if you cant wait for nap time or at the end of the day for your shower or you dont want to have to get up early before the kids lol to have one. Do the kids go in the bathroom with you lol..?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Under 1 1/2 they went in the bathroom with me. I just shut the door and brought in toys. After that they stayed in their rooms or watched TV.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If I need a shower, it's once the kids are down for bed. They don't take naps any more, and I'm not big on setting them in front of the tv so I can shower, if I have somewhere I have to be,and need a shower, I either take it the night before or just wash my hair, and wash up. Yuck I know...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yep!! i shut the bathroom door and put him in his walker and make sure nothing is in reach and of course i constantly open the curtain to check on him. only have had to do this maybe 3 times since he was born tho. he'll be 1 on the 30th
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• He either goes in his crib (where he can't get out) or he takes a shower with me.
    Anonymous

• We kept a pack n play in the bedroom near the bathroom door. She'd go in there when I needed to shower.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my ds is 3 so no more time with me in the bathroom. he gets babygated in his room and i take a 10 min shower...
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• DD is 2 1/2 now and she comes in the bathroom with me and plays at the sink- brushing her teeth, drinking water from her play cup, etc, sometimes making a bit of a mess but I can look right around the shower curtain and make sure she is ok. When she was smaller I would put her in her bouncy chair or in her exersaucer in the bathroom. I don't like her being where I can't see her because I worry she'll get into something, and the DH has left her in her booster chair with a snack but that makes me worry she will choke. I can basically find danger potential in any situation so I'm a little paranoid like that.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011