Toy storage in toddler room?

we got our son like 3-4 fabric toy bins... but now its just to unorganized for me... thinking maybe shelves or book cases with little titled or clear bins or it... any ideas the more creative the better...i saw one with milk crates...lol... please any advice and tips would help

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In our play room we have the fabric bins only for their books. We have bins with lids on them and only certain things go in each. And the lids help bc that way their room stays cleaner since I make them pick up the other toys before opening the others. We bought this cubed storage bin that everything fits into. They also have a toy box in which all of their stuffed toys go into. A container that has wheels on the bottom the ds trains.. And they have one of those little bin units from target. It's for the things they have a few things of. I like being very organized!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Little bin units are nice.
    ash707

Answer by ash707 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My son loves the action figures, he has seperate plastic bins with lids for each kind, transformers, spirdermad, batman, etc. It not only helps his room look cleaner but he always cleans up when he is done because he can only have one bin at a time. For awhile he just had a big toybox with everything.. he would always dump out the whole thing but it would be a chore for me just getting him to clean up, because it was soooo much. Now he picks a bin to play with, plays, puts them all away, then asks for a different one. This also helped me with the manners because he wasnt allowed to have a bin until he asked properly. He has a few bigger toys, that dont fit in those bins so we got a wood storage bench. He loves that too he sits on it all the time and looks at books.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011