I have had it with my daughters school! They lost her sweater and now her lunch box,

They say I shoulds be resposible, how the hell can I be be responsible when she gets there with her stuff and returns without them.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is her name on them?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well, where does she put them. The school cannot be responsible for every child's belongings, it's NOT possible
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• THEY lost it or SHE lost it? How can THEY lose it if SHE was sent to school with it?
    Anonymous

• I feel ya on this one.
    For us it was his winter hats. I must have bought at least 20 that one year! This was when my autistic son was in Early Childhood. His coat and backpack were with him in the room on a hook,so where were the hats going??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It HAS to have her name on it. And SHE needs to be taught to be responsible for her OWN stuff!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i had this same problem with my kids with the bring something special to share with the class day and my kids names were on them and the school acted like they had no idea what happened to it or even acknowledge that they had brought it in. Come to find out another kid was stealing it out of my dd's cubby so i wrote a letter to the parent and demanded it back!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 4:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ladies, She goes to a small private mansion turned to a private school maybe 13 first graders it only goes to fifth grade 1 class per grade with no kindergarten. YES her name is on everything and to my knowledge she is the only one with a Tinker bell Lunch box...it's a very private mansion/house enclosed high walls, these things don't sneek out of there you know!
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• go into the school and find them. They're somewhere. Playground, other kids cubby, gym, office, etc etc etc

They CANNOT be responsible. Is it a $5 walmart sweater or a $120 Burberry? They have no clue, way of verifying, etc.

Lunch box should 100% be your childs problem/fault. Sweater: leave one at school. A hoodie or a sweater permanent at school.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It's a Uniform Sweater with her name on it and it was 100 usd for the darn sweater!. They are the babies in that school and they are learning responsabilities...she has a place for her stuff, what can she do if a mean kid moves it and hides her things...it should be the teachers responsability to make sure these kids go home with what they came with!
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Maybe another kid took it by mistake. My kids have lost so many things at school.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011