Need help with my hair!!!!

My hair is a dark brown but not to dark. It looks really good with blond high lights. I had blone highlights for about 3yr and over the last year went back brown. I really want to put some blond peak-a-boo highlights but my hair feels so heathy with out any colors. I don't know if I want to mess that up. My husband likes it both ways. So its all up to me. Any advice

Connersmom9956

Asked by Connersmom9956 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• maybe you could try carmel its not as light as blonde so it won't destroy your hair . it looks really good with brown hair.
    jlma31

Answer by jlma31 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I dont put anything in my hair anymore with kids around. Mostly because you never know what can happen and if you can upkeep it. Second because like you my hairs healthier without anything in it. I prefer the natural look mostly because its healthier.

Answer by gemgem at 11:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you can always dye it back if you dont want the blond high lights
    my3kidsrock309

Answer by my3kidsrock309 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If you do the blonde highlights, please have it done professionally. It could still be heathly with the right products and care.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If your hair is all "virgin hair" right now, you can probably get highlights using regular dye instead of bleach and there is a major difference in how your hair feels that way! Color does not lift color...meaning you cant make colored hair lighter with color...it has to be bleach. If its virgin (never been colored) you can probably use dye.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Buy extensions that you can take out. You won't damage your hair and you can change where the peek a boos will end up.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 11:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008