my son is 8 mo. old and he is spoil. so how do i unspoil him. he has gotten worse in the last month. i don't understand how he got this way because I never held him more then any of my other children. He screams whenever he is not touching someone. he won't sit and play with toys anymore and now doesn't even enjoy his tubby time anymore. i let him cry all the time but he doesn't stop screaming. and if he stops its only for a min or so and then starts back up.

brooke3lilones

Asked by brooke3lilones at 4:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ... I'm not going to touch this one...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I really don't want to touch this one either...but I can't help it. YOu CANNOT SPOIL AN 8 MONTH OLD BABY!!!!! Hold your baby!!! You let him cry all the time??? What the hell is wrong with you??? this frustrates me. He's crying b/c he needs him mommy!!!!

ya...maybe I should have left this one alone too....uuugggghhhh
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• That doesn't sound like a spoiled problem. That sounds like a allergy to something he is eating or drinking.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• did you just create an account to ask this question? just curious.kind of weird that this is the only thing on your entire profile.but anyway.at 8 months old a baby really can't be loved on too much.maybe he's teething?
    Anonymous

• Have you tried to find out if he is having gastrointestinal problems? Have you changed his formula? Or if you are breastfeeding- have you changed your diet? All kids have different personalities. You have to work with him to find his and find out why he needs to be held so much. He may just have colic. There are about a thousand reasons why this could be going on- it is your job as a mom to find out what it is and to not think he is just "spoiled". If he is "spoiled" then that is due to parenting- not the child.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Is this something recent . . .is it possible he may have an injury or an illness like an ear infection or something?

If not, it is somewhat normal for babies that age to be clingy. They are navigating throuh a bunch of milestones and can get fussy and grumpy. They are not spoiled, just uncomfortable.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree that he's not spoiled. Have him checked out by a doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can understand your frustration. I kept my kids close to me. I still do and they are 4, 6 & 8. he wants to be with you. I would take my baby seat and him where ever I went. I would talk to him alot. Maybe you could get a baby carrier. every kid is different.. good luck momma. They grow up fast. :( My baby is going to school this year..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You can't spoil an 8 month old...but you can make him insecure if you're letting him cry all the time!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• you can't spoil a baby. he needs his mama. hes probably crying a lot due to you not responding. he might be sick or teething but its probably just an attachment phase.

woo it was hard to stay nice and neutral on this one.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 4:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011