Is there a healthy way to gain weight?

Whenever i type in weight gain searching for grps all i get is weight loss grps. Is there such a grp here on cm? If u ladies have any suggestions for healthy weight gain i would love ot hear it.

kahala

Asked by kahala at 4:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• I doubt there is a group for it on here but adding extra protein to your diet is a good way to boost muscle weight (which is what you want). I would look on WebMD for nutrition suggestions and ask your Dr
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would see if your doctor can recommend a nutritionist for you because everyone's body is different. But I would say a basic, healthy diet. Lean protien, fruits/veggies etc. with some nutrition shakes/drinks added in there. Good luck!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• olives, coconut(s), avocados, olive oil and i'm sure there are others that are natural fats and you can include them more often in your diet to increase calories, but without the "bad fat" associated with it.
    I also agree with NHRachel above. Good way to gain muscle weight.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My dd's doctor told me to feed her milkshakes to gain weight.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• you could follow me around and eat what I eat for a couple weeks.. I know that's not helpful but true maybe lol~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Good fats, like CABlonde recommended are good. I highly recommend seeing a nutritionist so that you can make sure there is nothing serious going on that is preventing you from gaining.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would speak to a nutritionist for help.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2011