Have you had a baby after you thought you were done?

How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Was the pregnancy more difficult? Just as happy as other pregnancies? Did you have mixed emotions? Would you do it again?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 4:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes at first I had my two kids a boy and a girl and I figured we were done. I got pregnant 5 months later it was completely unplanned and I was on the pill. I was kinda shocked finding out I was pregnant, but happy nonetheless. That pregnancy was not anymore difficult then the previous 2. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My son is Autistic, and I had two more children after him, a total of 5. The last two were planned.

Answer by gemgem at 4:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I did and we already had 3 boys ages 6,8,12 in my mind i was done and then she came along and it was the best surprise ever but now im really REALLY done lol.....
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My first two kids were planned, my third was a surprise. I didn't necessarily feel that I was 'done' but dh sure did! And I wanted a much longer age gap because my second pregnancy was high risk and very difficult to manage with a toddler at home. At first we were not that thrilled... not so much about the baby but because I was terrified to go through another pregnancy. After the shock wore off it was actually a really good pregnancy and I enjoyed it more than the previous two- it was my easiest pregnancy out of the three and I felt like I was getting another chance to have a really positive pregnancy experience. And needless to say, the baby at the end was great! Would I do it again? Well yeah, if I ended up getting pregnant again! But otherwise, I'm okay with being done. Three works for us, and I feel lucky to have had an easy pregnancy for the last one.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i will in about 6 months lol

i'm having a very tough first trimester compared to my other two babies.

once we got over the shock we're now just worried due to my health problems. but at the end of the day we get a new baby and are adding more love and joy to our home and lives so of course i'm happy
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 4:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh my goodness yes!!! my girls were 10 and 11, and I thought that was it for me. I cried for about 6 months straight, I was not ready for this pregnancy, then I had a test done because I was 39 years old to see if the baby was ok and they told me it was a boy, then I cried some more for having cried at the beginning.  God was giving the son I wanted and here I was devastated!!! there is nothing worse than a pregnancy you are not expecting, but I had my son and he was wonderful as a baby and now as an adult, I could not be more proud.

Answer by older at 4:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had my first child at 19 and the second one -- 20 years later -- at 39. I DID think I was "done" -- but had prayed for many many years to have another. When it finally happened, I was in disbelief! I was shocked, surprised, astounded and ohhhh soo GRATEFUL. Pregnancy and I just don't get along, but that aside, the birth itself was MUCH easier than the first one. I would definitly do it again -- time is a wonderful teacher and I consider myself a "better"mom now than I was when I was a kid myself.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes thats why we have 11 years between our girls :)
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011