Homeschooling moms - what curriculum did you use for Kindergarten?

I am trying to find a curriculum that will work for my son but there are so many! What did/do you use and do you recommend it?

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 4:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I made my own curriculum and used subjects (bugs, dinosaurs, pirates) that my son got to choose so he was always interested. There are so many sites that give you free access to worksheets or ideas for each type of subject and category! I believe you can turn anything into a learning experience. But I also believe in Unschooling as a form of homeschooling! I hope you find a way that works for you and stick to it!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We used the whole box set of hooked on kindergarten.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Beka It is religion base but not too bad. My sister used it on her twin now 16 and they are GED testing out and starting community college. I suppliment for my kids who go to public school. Love it.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I know lots of people who like the Sonlight curriculum, but I do not have any personal experience with it.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We are trying it out this year and are using a combination of things. We are using Time4Learning, Spectrum workbooks for sight words, math and reading, flashcards, worksheets, lapbooks and other things. We like the Time4Learning because my son is really visual and the lessons are interactive. The workbooks help fill in the gaps with the math. The lapbooks we do for other areas that he has an interest in learning. So far it is working out pretty well.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• For Kindergarten I always made up my own. You can find the typical course of study for each grade level with this link and then just make sure you try and cover every area :)

http://www.worldbook.com/typical-course-of-study-kindergarten-curriculum-guide.html

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:27 PM on May. 11, 2011