Having gullbladder out at 24 wks PH?

My SIL may have to have her gullbladder out, they are admitting her into the hospital. Has anyone been through this while PG before??? I'm really really nervous for her.

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Health

• I havent but my dd sister in law did just last year. She was around six months preggo when she had it out and she was fine and so was the baby.

Answer by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I havnt but my bestfriend had hers out while pregnant she was about 6 maybe 7months i cant remember but she was fine and so was baby. they watch both mother and baby closly. no need to worry they woulnt do it if they thought there was more of a risk then nessacry.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had it done after giving birth, but she will feel SO MUCH BETTER!! It's done lapriscopically so don't worry about baby. They will be fine. She'll have an incision around the belly button and three at a diagonal on her right side. Then they glue the skin together and put steri strips on top.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had mine done before I found out I was pregnant. I found out I was pregnant about a week or two after having mine taken out in emergency surgery. I called the doctor in a panic and they assured me that it's common for them to do this surgery on pregnant women and it's safe. I was fine and so was my baby.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• "gull"bladder?
    Anonymous