Is this true when TTC?

I heard that if you regularly swallow your husband's semen that your body developes antibodies to the sperm and then it can become much more difficult to conceive. Is this just an old wives tale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Ive never heard that? I dont think antibodies are involved in conceiving though. Its just egg and a sperm and if both are there you should get pregnant.

Answer by gemgem at 11:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I'm pretty sure that this is just an old wives tale!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 11:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you're kidding right? people believe that? well if its true then I have no idea how we got pregnant twice because that particular "acitivity" is something I do all the time! How would you develop "antibodies" by swallowing it? You stomach acid kills it to begin with. You dont get "immune" to sperm by eating it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• That would be cool! I wanna become immune to sperm! Right after I get my next baby...
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• LMAO, seriously????
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yes, seriously....I wish I could remember where I read that but yeah, that was the jizz, I mean the jist of it lmao. It doesnt make much sense to me, but if you can swallow a pill to prevent pregnancy, it seems possible swallowing something else could make other things happen.

I'm not saying I believe it, just that I was sure it was more than an old wive's tale. Maybe I can google or wikipedia something and find out.
    Anonymous