If they're not mine - and they're not yours... whose are they?

I posted a question about an obnoxious tween I ran into... and all the moms that answered agreed with how I handled her. But it got me to thinking.....

If my kids don't act like that, and your kids don't act like that -- then were are all these parents that are responsible for these obnoxious, loud-mouth, disrespectful little turds?

Like I said in the other post I waited around in case her mom wanted to come confront me... but either the little girl didn't call her mommy and tell her that a strange lady just got onto her in McDonalds or mom didn't care that the girl acted like she did.

Just wondering what you all think - so where are the parents of these nasty acting kids?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm curious as to what happened.

Must be the neighbors kids. LOL
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I didn't see your first post but maybe those parents are working. I'll look for part I on this question now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Good question!!! They either are no where to be found or they go off on YOU because "they were just being a kid"
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Look for Obnoxious Tween as part of the title... over in the Tween Section
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I doubt they called and told their parent(s) they were being little A-holes lol.

Answer by gemgem at 5:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I didn't see your first post, but IMO, it's usually children like this who have either absent or uninvolved parents or perhaps they learned this behavior FROM her parents?Perhaps you touched a nerve and the girl was embarrassed by her behavior and didn't want to tell mom? (Let's hope it was the last suggestion) :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This is how kids really do act when they are not around their parents.....I worked in a jr high school for 4 yrs and quit because I had enough of the little brats. They know they can do no wrong in their parents eyes and they feel that other adults won't speak up to them.
    I even once called my local news station to have them do one of those undercover investigations they like to do. parents would be really shocked to see their precious suzzy and bobby are not as sweet as they think. from the 6th grade to the 9th grade kids are BRATS when they know they have nobody watching them
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011