Summer

What do you like to do with the kids for summer fun, that doesn't cost money?

Heartshape

Asked by Heartshape at 5:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• Since I live 20 mins from a few different beaches. I take my kids to the beach and there are a lot of fun free activities for them to do.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 5:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• we do a playground crawl. (it costs gas of course. and a few snacks and bottles of water and sunscreen all of which I already have on hand)

we pick a day and spend the whole time exploring other towns schools, parks, playgrounds. where's the best slides, swings, rock walls, etc. it's a tradition since birth almost and it's something we're already looking forward to :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We got an above ground pool last summer and let me tell you that was the BEST money we ever spent. We spent almost the entire summer out in the pool and best of all (aside from the chlorine etc) it was 100% free. We also set up for picnics and all of that along with the pool. We had a great time.
    Other things we do is check with the local movies. Ours offers free movies for kids twice a week. They are usually last years kids movies but its 100% free also.

Answer by gemgem at 5:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We go to the park and fly kites, go to street fairs and have BBQ's in the park...we're going to have a HUGE BBQ in August to celebrate...whatever..I just want to have one lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• WE go to a lot of the public fountains and this year will spending a lot of time at the zoo since we got a family pass for Christmas. We also look into local free events such as festivals and outdoor movies None of that cost us anything, well, the family pass cost something originally but it paid it's self off in the second visit.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We got one of those huge screen projectors and we are going to do outdoor movies this year!! I can't wait!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• gemgem..we are doing that this summer. Hubs is super excited and can't wait to get it ordered and delivered.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

This is a really good idea! Thanks
    Heartshape

Comment by Heartshape (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• scavenger hunt, local public spray park, bbq, swimming/fishing at the river, go to the lake, the beach, various local festivals...strawberry festival, rose festival
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• There isn't much to do in my town. We live in ohio
    Heartshape

Comment by Heartshape (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011