19 month old

My 19 month old dd doesn't chew her food. She likes to swallow things whole. And yes she has choked a few times ( good thing I took crp and first aid classes before having the kids) it seems like she just doesn't like to chew. We try to encourage her, and give her things that she needs to chew off, but she doesnt. I thought at first it was bc she was teething, but now she has all of her teeth and still doesn't chew.... I have to cut everything up little and only give her a few at a time... But she really needs to learn to chew... Help!!

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 5:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok i seen a tv show about this and they started with a child and adult at a mirror pulling faces and making there jaw move from side to side it a lot of fun but helps build muscle then it was taken a crisp and showing you teeth in the mirror and biting the crisp and the child will cope mimiching a bit part of young toddlers you don't need to make them just keep doing it she will copy then once she got that dit  it sounds really disgusting but move onto crew looking in the mirror you have to show  your teeth and its mouth open chewing total over the top but children will copy it 

do this once a day for 2 weeks then she should have the hand of it

then you can work on chewing with your mouth closed lol

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• trying a soft WITH a texture....

a mug of room temp chicken broth w/ noodles

a bowl of yogurt w/ berries in it

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011