What are some cool places to visit in Florida?

Just curious what else is out there besides Disney World.

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 5:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Travel

• The west coast is my fav! I love Tampa and St Petersburg. Both beutiful and family friendly!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• beautiful*
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Captiva Island is gorgeous! The Keys are fun too and I also love Marco Island.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The keys are always fun and relaxing to go too. I hear Sanibel Island (on the west coast) is awesome, but I haven't been. Its on my list of places to go to someday. We just got back from visiting family in the West Palm Beach area (Where I grew up) and took our kids to Lion Country Safari and the kids had a great time. Its probably not worth a very long drive too, but if you are in the area, it is worth it.
    Bamamommax3

Answer by Bamamommax3 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Universal Studios is great! You may like it better than Disney. You can swim w/ the dolphins in the keys. Sarasota (Gulf Coast) is beautiful as well! (They have an aquatic life rescue place there to visit & part of the proceeds go for the care of the sea life they rescue & return to the wild. Wish we could go back. You are very lucky- Have a wonderful trip!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Depending on what you are looking for, Destin (in the panhandle) is cool. Sugary white beaches with emerald green water makes it beautiful and no oil!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i love Boca Raton! thers great shopping and you can go to about 6 different beaches or drive 10 mins and go to Ft. Lauderdale. or drive 45 mins and go to miami! its so pretty and you can rent bikes and things for the beach or rent jet skis and boats to go on the water and the intercoastal. i go once a year
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• St Augustine is beautiful and there's a lot of history there, too!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011