How to deal with gender dissapointment?????

I have a 5 year old daughter and we found out today that it is another girl! I wanted a boy so bad and I KNOW my hubby did, but he never came out and said it. I feel disappointed and that makes me feel terrible. I am so glad that it is healthy and I know that is all that should matter!!!!! Will I get over the dissapointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It goes away I promise - I KNEW in my heart along with our family genes, I would have a girl - Ultrasound showed a boy - I couldn't stop looking at little girl clothes, and shoes and I think being my son was a very difficult infant, that somewhat added and maybe that's why it stuck around but while pregnant, I totally fell in love with him -through and though - I still wish i had a girl ALSO but no longer am I disappointed I had a boy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Wait until she is born! YOull feel bad for even thinking about a boy. Trust me! Youll love this baby no mattter what! And you could always try for a third! GL =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• And this is EXACTLY why I never hoped for a specific gender in my children.
    Anonymous

• i wanted four boys for a long time. when i went for the u/s they said its a girl. my first baby and it was a girl . i almost cried right there on the table. i love her and wouldnt trade her but i still wonder what life would be like if she were a boy (shes almost 6). iKNOW that sounds horrible and i sound like a complete biotch. but i just always wanted boys. like i said i wouldnt trade her for anything. i did get 2 boys after her and i tease dh that he messed up his first shot. but really you do get over it after a while it may be in the back of your mind but you wont love the baby any less
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i find it help to focus on getting things for the baby that you never had 1st time around cute little outfit baby books stuff like that every baby dif and it hard i have to boys and i love then to death but i do wont to try again for a girl are you dune or will you try again as there is way to try and sway for a gilr or boy but nothings 100%

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• – collapse
    OMG!!!! R u serious? Be glad that u r blessed enough to have children that r healthy!! What is wrong with u? U need to sit down and get over it! U r having a healthy daughter!!! That thought about a boy,it is not in the cards for everybody! I hope u get over it before the baby is born! I can see why u went anonymous! U have 2 precious daughters,some people don't know when they r blessed! Wake up!!! Open your eyes!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Just remember how blessed you are to have any kids.
    Anonymous

• feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was so SURE I wanted a girl, All I could think of was girl neams and I was looking at girl clothes...He was a boy. My heart sank when they showed me the gender. They lady thought I was tearing up happy but I was sooo sad. It took me a good month or so to move past it. Once he had a name and I was buying things I felt better. Just think of all the fun things you can do with 2 girls! sleep overs, girls days, matching dresses for pictures (trust me matching a boy and a girl is not as easy as it sounds!) Just wait it out and look for the positive!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011