How to get tween to focus.

She had ADD but I think it is more than that. It has been getting worse and worse. Her focus is a big fat ZERO

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My SD has ADHD. She is on medication (her mother wanted that--helping a LITTLE). Her doctor recommended to my DH that she do behavior modification therapy, and to work on organizational skills. Also, limit distractions (i.e. empty backpacks of anything but what is needed for school). If she has a diagnosis, does she have an IEP/504? If not, you can ask the school to start that process, and there can be modifications and accomodations in there to keep her focused (sitting in the front of the class, breaks between assignments, etc). Also, read THE ADHD BOOK OF LISTS (it has a TON of information on accomodations, behavior, coping, etc)

Good luck!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2011