Packing for the Childrens Hospital?? PLEASE HELP

I was told to day to pack a bag for my son when we go to his GI apt on Wed. and that he would most likley be admitted to Barbara Bush Childrens Hospital and then could be transefferd to Boston Childrens, 3 hours away... WHAT DO I PACK???

Can he wear pj's?
When my daughter went they supplied her diapers...

I need help! I have so much to worry about, I dont want to be worrying I will forget something major :-(

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 5:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take some pajamas. They will provide diapers. Take a couple changes of clothes for him. Toys he is familiar with and enjoys, his favorite books. Take your bag.
    I do not know the background, but I am thinking of you and your boy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• So . . . what I can think of .. .
    A blankie or plush animal
    A few comfy PJ's for him . . . just in case, but definately you need one for discharge day.
    Some diapers/ wipes, but I am sure they will have some, too.
    Extra formula and a bottle, just in case (if you are bottling).
    If he is eating . .. snacks.
    Some baby books.
    Extra change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste for you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• bring his comfort toy, binky if he has one
    bottle/sippy cup
    a couple toys/books for him
    snacks ( for him and you)
    tooth brush for you and him
    I would do bring some diapers in wipes just in case
    clothes for you
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• All the same stuff you'd take if you were going to a hotel - clothing, underclothing, pajamas, toiletries, toys, stuff to do, etc, for both of you. Snacks & drinks for yourself wouldn't be a bad idea either, books, laptop if you have one, etc.
    Anonymous

• I'm a ped's nurse, and at least where I work, we provide just about everything you will need. Our hospital gives out (depending on the age of the child) diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food or sippy cup, regular food, hospital PJ's that we require our patients wear... we have toys, books, crafts and movies to keep the children busy.
    I guess I would call the hosptial and see what they will provide.
    I would pack something to wear home for him, any favorite securtiy items... like a stuffed animal or blanket. And then pack for yourself like you would for a trip with whatever you'll need. Our hosptial doesn't provide parent meals... so plan for that as well... either bring stuff to snack on or make sure you have $$.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Calling the hospital and seeing what they recommend you bring sounds like the best way to go. I would also recommend you take some reading material or something to keep yourself busy while your child is sleeping ect.
    Jamie-Leigh

Answer by Jamie-Leigh at 11:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Bring something special that reminds him of home ang good luck
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011